Sunday, July 24, 2011

When life gives you lemons...make lemonade

But what if the lemons are already spoiled? I admit that sometimes it feels just like that, I have a basket of rotten lemons...and I can't make lemonade.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As you can tell my blogging habit is about the same...I meander back here now and then and try to come up with something to blog about. Unfortunately this summer hasn't afforded much excitement and with the heat wave, we're all just trying to muddle through.

Josh is happily working from home, but the computer room has the tendency to warm up with the two large windows letting the sun beat in and even though there is a wonderful ceiling fan in there, it can still get quite warm. Calleigh's no fool and hasn't been wanting many walks lately, instead she runs out to do her business and then is ready to go in...and I think she's thankful for our shady tree. We have tried to hose her down to help her stay cool but she doesn't much care for the hose settings and her favorite sprinkler doesn't quite work anymore...I guess we'll have to fix that. As for me...I guess I'm just trudging along. I have some rough days still...and that's when my basket of lemons seem the most spoiled. But I'm trying to move on and get some of my projects back up and running.

SwagBucks has been good to me although I have pretty much depleted by points...and I was able to redeem four Amazon gift cards...part of me is thinking five, but four sounds true. I guess I could check my account...but it's not that important. With all of the excitement that wells up within me when I do score another gift card, I've been doing quite a bit of wish shopping at Amazon.com and it's pretty much books right now. Books to help with my creative writing quest mostly. There are some that I think would benefit both myself and Josh with our writing but he says to use my gift cards on things for me. That does sound nice but then it just takes me longer to decide what I really want. Needless to say my Amazon wishlist is long and it gets longer every time I visit!

I did find a nifty software for making maps...Josh was in some geeky heaven when I was telling him about it...apparently it's made for role-play gamers...where I'd want it for creating maps for stories. On the plus side, if I ever do get it, I'm sure it would be put to good use from both of us. Instead of shelling out the money though I hope to find a free one, at least to help me get started.

And with July almost at an end, it's time for the wonderful Back-to-School sales! Apparently I'm from a long line of lovers of office supplies...and I have a tendency to give in, especially during the sales! I dare say Staples is a regular haunt again, I at least have to check out the weekly ads. And you are never too old to escape the wonderful aroma of Crayola crayons! They just bring back such vivid memories...now if only I could find some good coloring books. And as much as I hate to say it...I would love the crayon maker! I saw a video for it at SwagBucks and it's just awesome...what could be better than making your own crayons?!

4 comments:

  1. Ethan wants to go school supply shopping, but regular school isn't on his agenda. :D

    I think he's inherited the paper love... but then, he was the one that loved Blue's Clues and the Handy Dandy Notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So he wants the supplies but not the school part?

    Paper is a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sales myself. Wish I could buy just a little... next year I'll splurge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to hit Walmart fast and early next year, they had some really cute stuff but some of it was out already...two cute floral patterns.

    ReplyDelete