Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Trying new things

The surgery is over, I'm into recovery and getting back into my swing of things, and we got the results of being cancer free! Where does that leave me? Well, I'm thinking of things all the time...I want to get back into my art and writing. I'd like to break out the old sewing machine again. I want to work on my cooking and baking...maybe try some new things. There's just so much!

Today I found a good tutorial on HTML and CSS, so I printed the first lessons on each and I want to try to learn them...after all, I like to play with the blog, but my actual posts are pretty lax. But maybe if I'm able to create exactly what I want, I'll have more fun with it!

I ordered tons of art catalogs just before I went in for the last surgery! They are slowly trickling in...I still favor Dick Blick and Utrecht though, but it's so much fun to look at all of them and what some offer that others don't.

My dad had a suggestion for writing, but we're still talking about it. I do have a few stories rolling around in my head that I'd like to work on again.

But I think what I need to do first is to get my desk cleaned off, the computer room in order and maybe find a good drawing spot...otherwise it will be bringing it out when I want to draw and then trying to put it back without creating a new mess. Yeah, cleaning would be good.

4 comments:

  1. I still need to reply to your last story letter. :D

    I'm looking forward to seeing more artworks and writing from you. I want to get back into those things as well.

    And photography. ^_^

    I was wondering if you'd be sewing again. I'd like to finish that quilt I started for Teddy before he was born for this baby. And, for that, I need a lot of help. (maybe even someone to finish it for me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of story letters.. was mine lost in the mail? I got no replies.

    Ditto on seeing more artworks and writing and photography from you.

    I want to sew. Need a sewing machine. I've given up on fixing my mom's old machines for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and oh yeah... stop worrying about your blog not being what you want. each time you can revamp it. Post anything you want to share. That's what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. E-Yeah I need to get back to story letters too.
    It will be good to get back to all things fun.
    I'm going to need help getting back into sewing...and I've never finished a quilt yet...either Aunt Rose did it or we had someone else do it...I can't really remember. I have to go through all of my craft stuff and see what I have and get quilt pieces together again.

    K-I thought I emailed you that I got it and wouldn't be replying until after we were finished with the last D&C and then hysterectomy. I still have it and I'll be replying to it soon. :) I was very glad to get one from you...I hope I jotted down the ideas I had to use in the reply.
    I wonder if the new local sewing repair shop could do anything for your mom's old machine? I kinda want to go in there, I just haven't yet.

    K-As for my blog...I can't even find a design that keeps me happy yet. I think that would help. I know the layout I'd like the create, but I'm gonna need to learn to do it. Maybe I'll do some background hunting later...that might help. But I have started posting even though I'm not that happy with it. :)

    ReplyDelete