Saturday, November 19, 2011

Attack of the Sock Monkeys!

About a week or so ago I received a package in the mail from my cousin Jamie. I eagerly opened it to find something so awesome...words cannot describe it...



That's right! Sock Monkey slippers!! Admit it, you're jealous. Well, apparently so was Josh...he was missing out on Sock Monkey love.

So when I shot her a thank you email, I told her jokingly that Josh was jealous and so being the unbelievably loving person that she is, she sent Josh his own package. Now I only knew that it was on the way and to keep an eye out for it. I mistakingly told Josh who then pestered me with questions that I could not answer...and we waited for his package to arrive.

I wish I would have taken pictures of him opening his box and finding each surprise, but I was too amused to grab my camera until after all of the goodies were out. There was a very cute Sock Monkey ornament who is gracing Josh's desk until we get the Christmas tree out (not until after his birthday mind you):



An assortment of handmade sugar cookies decorated with Sock Monkeys! I can't even fathom the time and patience it took her to decorate these:



Jamie, if you're reading this you'll notice that our personalized cookies are not pictured...we were eating them already! They were FABULOUS!

Here's an up close picture of the detail of the Sock Monkey decorating...you can't tell me that's not awesome!



So for the world to see...we're sending Jamie a big hug and lots of love for thinking of us! Thank you for all of the Sock Monkey love!

2 comments:

  1. that's so neat.

    Jamie gave me those slippers one time several years ago for my birthday. Made me think of my old sock monkey, Monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to keep my slippers off the floor otherwise Calleigh will grab them...even though she has her own little squeaker sock monkey that she likes to play with.

    ReplyDelete