Mondays are usually not my favorite days. Yes the week starts anew, but so does all of the chores, work, errands and everything else. I don't think that I've ever truly been against Mondays, but today was the first Happy Monday I've had in a long time.
I didn't fall into a good sleep until sometime after four o'clock so when Josh's alarm went off, I was still needing some sleep. Calleigh must have felt the same because when he offered to let her down and take her out this morning, she just snuggled up against me. Once Josh "went to work" in the computer room, that's when Calleigh decided it was time to get up. So I think I'm working with only five to six hours of sleep, but it didn't matter because I had energy and I felt good.
After our morning ritual of going out and having our breakfast, I took a quick shower and then Calleigh was ready for her walk. I'm not sure when this happened, but as soon as I take a shower (no matter what time) she thinks it's time to go for a walk. Now I can use this to my advantage, like today. So early shower and off we went. There's two usual routes that we walk, the short one and the long one...either way there's other dogs and kids plus friendly people who will stop to pet her and talk. I was prepared for the long walk, I want to get back in the habit of long daily walks with her again...but after she did her business before we got to the crossroad I was a bit surprised that she wanted the long walk. It was chilly and windy and sometimes she just wants to get back home and snuggle into her blanket when it's windy but she stood there at the corner and gave a little whine and looked towards the long walk route. So off we went! I think she got tired halfway through but we trudged along and had a nice 25 minute walk, she even got some pets from a nice elderly gentleman who calls her "Hop-along."
When we got home, it was time to get the laundry started, tidy up the kitchen, decide what's going to be for dinner and maybe even get some lunch started because after that walk, I was getting hungry. Laundry was gathered and started, the kitchen was tidied up a bit, ground turkey was taken out for dinner and I made a lovely tuna salad for sandwiches for lunch...meanwhile "Hop-along" was out cold in her bed with three legs in the air.
Now the laundry is finishing up, then I can finish in the kitchen and the fixings for dinner are all ready for later. I was able to type up the notes from Grandma's 2011 Christmas Cookie Tin meeting as well as catch up at some blogs of friends and family. I even managed to spend a little time at Facebook touching base with old friends. It really has been a great day.
So despite fewer hours of sleep than I usually like, I've had energy all day so far. I've felt cheerful and happy...I can't say that that's happened in a long time. What I truly hope for right now is that this a growing trend, to get past the difficult times and completely shake off the last bits of depression that have clouded my days. I can do this!
Now I just have to get Josh to take Calleigh for a second walk, even a short one, in the evenings! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment